Sunday, March 23, 2008

THE HOUR OF GREAT MERCY

In a vision Saint Faustina came to understand that God blessed the earth for the sake of Jesus. She wrote:

I saw a great light with God the Father in the midst of it. Between this light and the earth I saw Jesus nailed to the Cross and in such a way that God, wanting to look at the earth, had to look through Our Lord’s wounds (I, 24)

A devotion most dear to Our Lord is the veneration of His passion at the very hour that recalls His death of Our Lord, Jesus, the very kingdom of God has been request (?) of Our Lord who said to Sister Faustina:

At three o’clock implore My mercy especially for sinners; and, if only fir a brief moment, steep yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy for the world…In this hour I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion, for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every soul…at that hour grace came to pass for the whole world – Mercy triumphed over Justice (IV, 59).

THE 3 O'CLOCK PRAYER


BACK